Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Need Help Here Amy!!


This is the boardwalk - where I can't decide if I should line both sides with shrubs or a mounding perrenial. Shrubs would be boxwood or spirea of some kind. It gets mid day sun.


These two rock patches are going, probably just going to plant grass there. Now, the front existing bed to the left under the window - that whole area is where I want to build it out and shape it and plant the annabelle hydrangeas, yews and hostas. That area is full shade all day until evening.

This is the right side of the entrance. I plan to leave the cedars where they are for now, maybe just a few hostas in there so we don't obstruct the window. That path is coming out, the bed reshaped and out a bit further from where it is and maybe continue with the boardwalk. We've talked about some lockstone too.

Just a little footnote - the siding is going to be done soon and so is the windows. Siding is going to be a khaki colour and the window, door trim and garage will be sandstone. Very nice combo.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oooo, Caroline! I'm loving your Garden blog!
This is such a great way for me to see all the things you're up to (and visa versa). I had forgotten how much your boardwalk curves...

Let me ponder your pathways for awhile - we can exchange ideas on our "date" tee hee :)

..and to see pictures of your yellow irises again...*swoon* I adore those.
:)